20 June 2016

Be Safe Out There

I got a call from my wife today to telling me that one of the Dads of my daughters friends was hit by a car on Father's day. I was in a bit of confusion.

We had just been to dinner with that family on Saturday because both of our daughters were in the same dance production. They had talked about the Dad and son riding on the Cap to Cap trail on Sunday. So knowing that information I was confused how he had gotten hit.

Well a change of plans put him out on a back county road and a lady going to church turns in front of him and then stops causing his bike to hit the car and him going across the car.

He's a little broken up and will recover. The driver did get a ticket. I was surprised that happen. You hear so many times that the driver does not get a ticket or a charge.

I when this afternoon to pick the bike up from the church. I figured that I was going to see a bike that was broken up. To my surprise the only thing I can find wrong with the bike is a flat front tire and a drop chain. I am going to take it to a bike shop for them to get the shop to make a proper once over.

This could have ended up very badly and I hope for him a speedy recovery.

No comments: