Bicycle the Kit || 2nd Generation


You are looking at the inside of my rear tire. A Panaracer Cinder X. While out riding about two weeks ago I hear a sound like a valve stem just popping. I was able to make a trailside repair and was able to finish a 26-mile ride. I was very surprised that I got a cut in the center of the tire. After looking at the tire I believe it is a bad spot in the tire and it failed. I could be wrong...

After getting back to the house I started thinking about my tool kit. One of the problems that I have is forgetting something I need. I have tried a seat pack and a pack. I hate them both! I have searched the web checking what other people carried and how they carried their tool kits.

I spend way too many hours doing this... Tool kits go from the basics to the "I bought it so I just need to carry it". I, on the other hand, want something simple that covers what I need and is thought out.


Click here to see my first post on the tool kit and the items that I carried. What's Different? First off I replaced the case with a TULBAG by backcountryresearch.com I really like the bag! The grip tech fabric keeps the kit in place (in your jersey pocket). Plus all their products are made in the U.S.A.

I replace the cool tool with a Crank Brother's tool. I also took the body off the inflator to get it in the bag. But to still used the inflator, I have to use threaded CO2 cartridges.


I wrap the cartridge body with some 100 mph tape. This does two things. It gives me some tape to make a tire boot and keeps my hand from getting a cold burn when the cartridge ices up.


There it is all packed up.



Comments

Popular Posts