20 July 2012

MB-1 Bridgestone Update #?



Getting back to the Bridgestone project and thing have been picking up. Pictures above are the Suntour Roller Cam Brakes that will go under the chain stays.

This is a before and after picture. On the right is what I am starting with. On the left is the result of about 2 and -a -half hours of work. I used different methods of cleaning and polishing to get that result.

I used ceramic oven top cleaner to clean all the brass parts and used aluminum foil to clean-up the chrome parts and wax cleaner and wax to clean the aluminum part of the brakes.

I am really pleased how this turned out!It is so cool to bring life back into these old parts.

1 comment:

Dan O said...

Looking forward to seeing pics of completed bike...