Old School Rubber!

Yesterday was one of those rides I wish I get to ride more often. It was one of those rides in which the bike hooked-up in the corners and I was able to keep the speed. On my way back to the house, I was figuring out how to get another ride like that...

I have had another set of wheels hanging around Bikewright HQ and it was time to set-up the Bontrager with a second set. Now if you have been riding for a while you are going to have a stock of old tires sitting around. Well, maybe not 12 years old...

The Klein Death Grip



The Klein Death Grip is a 26 X 2.1 that you can run front and back by just flipping the rotation of the tire. This is not going to be a review of a 12-year-old tire, but I have been out on the Bontrager and another rider will say. "I didn't know that they made a bike. I thought they only made components". I am sure those same riders don't know anything about Klein bicycles and back-in-the-day these tires would hook-up!




I just hope I don't have to wait until this Sunday to ride them! I would like to know if anyone knows of a modern tire that is like the Klein Death Grip. Please leave a comment if you do.


Comments

Popular Posts