Rucking it!

I had to change things up a bit, so I headed down to the Dutch Gap Conservation Area



I didn't know if the weather was going against me or with me for the day. Hard rains hit the area in the morning and once it past it was it turned out to be a beautiful day. My plan was to do a 4 mile ruck march. I had made a ruck sack pill with 25lbs of play sand and a sand bag and about a half a roll of 100mph tape (Duck tape). These is an easy way to add weight to your pack without loading in down with equipment. The thing with a ruck pill it is all dead weight! If you want to know how to make one go here to ITS Tactical great site!

If you live in the area and have not been down to the Dutch Gap Conservation Area then you should. While I was hiking I was thinking of all the things you could do in the area. So here's my list:
Hiking
Trail Running
Biking
Bird Watching
Geocaching
Picnicking
Flat Water Kayaking
Canoeing
Fishing
Canoeing/Kayaking Orienteering
Henricus Dauber Dash
Living History at Henricus
Wild Plant ID

I am sure the list could go on. Plus it is a great place to bring the kids.

Comments

Popular Posts