Still Clearing the Way

This past Sunday I was in Pocahontas State Park with a crew clearing the way on the Blue Trail. I was one of the original trail builders of the mountain bike trails in the park. This was back in 1995 and I believe we called the "Blue Trail" Towering Pines. But it seems today that they are known by their color.

I took this picture at the trailhead of of the Double Red or Little West VA. As you can see you cannot see the trail. This is from the storm at the end of August.













After shot


I was on one of the blowers and three tanks of gas got me to here



It is hard to see but there are about four guys in there cutting and clearing. I would say another good days work by all that was there.

I have only been able to get out twice to help since the storm due to one thing or another. But the folks that come out to do this work must only be about 1 1/2 percent of all the people that use the trails.. Just think if the 20% that do 80% of the work came out we would have been done weeks ago.

Comments

Popular Posts