04 June 2011

Adventures From Last Weekend- A Quick Post

Took a day trip up to Shenandoah National Park last Sunday to have a Daddy and Me day with my daughter. Wife needed to do some work so we got out of the house for the day.

Since my daughter is six I try to plan do short hikes of about a mile round trip. Then we take a break and find another short trail to do. I try to keep the hikes to about 3 miles total for the day. Our goal for this day is to do a rock scramble and see a waterfall.

We had a great day and had two ice cream brakes at Big Meadows. Here are some pictures from our outting.









The wild flowers where in full form. Since we are going at my daughter's pace I get to slow down and smell the roses (wild Flowers).


When we took our first ice cream break I spotted some touring bikes. So I go over to take a look and the cool factor went up when I saw that one of the bikes was a Rivendell.



Off to the waterfall





Now you would figure that getting to the falls would be easy being maked with the trail signage pictured above. Well it is and I still carry a map with me. I don't know how many people asked me how to get somewhere. Please if you are going to hit the trail have a map and know how to use the damn thing! (This will be another post all on its own later when I have time to rant about it).




That's it for now.

No comments: