01 August 2010

A 100 Years




A 100 years of Scouting. Took a trip the 2010 National Boy Scout Jamboree on Saturday. Most of the boys in the troop are there for the 10 days but we had a few that could not go so they went up as visitors.

We had a great time and there was a ton of Scouts there and there was a ton to do. The above picture is a headbadge from one of the jamboree bikes. At the end of the jamboree you can pick-up all types of outdoor gear for penny's on the dollar.

What's more impressive than the headbadge? That the Boy Scout of America has been around for 100 years.What other youth program has been around that long? None that I know of.

If you where a Scout at sometime in your life, I think you will always remember that. I know a lot of people that I meet tell me that they where in Scouting and one of the things that they wish they had done was stayed in and made Eagle.

1 comment:

Dan O said...

I was in the Cub Scouts for a short time, then Boy Scouts for a short stint also (twice).

Man, that was a long time ago - the '60 and '70s.

I remember some of the camping trips - fun.