17 January 2010

A Week Roll-up

For Christmas I received Chris Carmicheal's new book titled The Time Crunched Cyclist. The title is why I bought the book. How to get fit and powerful training 6 hours a week.

I have been tracking my training for the last two years and with work and family that's where I fall in at. Six hours is not much but I want to get the most out of my 6 hours. I think the first 50 pages of the book you could just skip. Chris will say the same thing a couple of times and I am thinking to myself "didn't I just read that". Here's a couple of things that I do get from the book, He likes a power meter, GU products. Just go to his website and you will see why.

The rubber hits the road when you get to the chapters on the CTS field test, training plans, performance tips and strength training. The performance tips hit home for me on why I have been dropped from the pack.

I do plan on given his training plan a try when I get back from my outting overseas. Sofar just some of the things that he has talked about has help. I will let you know how this works for me.

Next up, I was able to get some Tank Road riding this week. That's right Tank Roads. I got the ok to ride in the training area's on the Northside of Post. This will lead to some serious gravel grinders. From the office and just riding around one training area took me an hour and 12 minutes. There are 3 more area's to ride and then to link them up different ways. I hope after riding it for the next month I will get a feel about putting on an grass roots event. I don't know why I had not done this before. Lot's of riding!


Not sure that I have a lot to post this week but here you go.

Above are the Suntour Cranks that I cleaned up and replaced the middle ring with a Orgin 8 chainring. They started off looking like they had the oil and dirt build -up on a chain saw. The Orgin 8 chainring is made in the USA. I tried to research but could not find the wesite but I beleive that one company makes the rings for Orgin 8, Rocket & Salsa.

I am working on the front and rear "D" and they are in the same shape as the crank as far as the oil and dirt goes. This week I will have to find a set of 10t jockey pulleys.


I am also looking for a set of Wilderness Trail Bike Skewers. So if anybody has some let me know
That's it for the past week. Hope to have some pictures this week for you!

1 comment:

Dan O said...

Tank roads? That sounds interesting - just be careful of "traffic".

Sorry - no WTB skewers in my pile of stuff.