08 July 2009

A Visit to Farmville- A Beer review

Last weekend my wife and I made a trip to Farmville to buy some furnture. Our first stop in down was The Bakery for lunch. A small place with a european feel to it. I had the standard ham & cheese and my wife had some type of roasted egg plant. The bread is baked on site and is great! One item that will catch your eye is all the european beers. Most are sold by the bottle and are not cheap. So what did I get???


Delirium Nocturnum by The Huyghe Brewery, Belgian since 1654. This is a Belgian Strong Dark Ale that comes in a stone ceramic looking 11.2 fl oz bottle.

Appearance: Minimal coffee colored head with a cloudy dark body

Smell: Sweet & creamy

Taste : A creamy and alcoholic that has a sharpeness that quickly fades

Mouthfeel: Soft carbonation with little bubbles

Drinkability: For a dark beer this is smooth. I would call this a fall or winter beer great for the cross season!

1 comment:

f5000sl said...

this beer is definitely one that you want to drink last, otherwise you won't be tasting the other beers to follow!