26 June 2009

1986 Bridgestone MB-1Restoration Project

I figured since I have been reading other peoples blogs for the last year, and having restoration project would be a good place as any for me to start a blog. After restoring my 1996 Bontrager Privateer Comp last year it sparked an interest in restoring retro bikes. I think am more about keeping the spirit of the bike than keeping it original. The Bonty is my everyday rider, so am also into riding the bicycles than just keeping them in the garage and bring them out on a nice sunny day and looking at them.

I received my project bike as a Father's Day gift from my wife. A friend of mine bought this Bridgestone from a bike shop off of Forest Hill Ave. in Richmond VA. back in 1986. I didn't know until last year that he had the bike.The Bridgestone is all original other than the rear 5 speed freehub the rings on the crank and the tires. So I think for the time being the bike will stay original.


I will be posting the process of the project on here. One is for me to look back I what I did. But to also inspire others to do the same.

No comments: